This article shows you how to create folders and then place contracts inside folders. If you manage many contracts, folders help you stay organized and quickly locate important information.
Creating a naming system
The first step is to create a folder structure that makes sense for your business. You could, for instance, create folders based on clients, type of product or service, or even time frame.
In this example, we create two folders for a small business:
1. On the dashboard, click the plus (+) icon next to Folders.
2. On the New folder page, enter a unique name and click Create Folder.
3. Repeat steps to add more folders.
Adding contracts to a folder
There are two ways to place a contract inside a folder:
move an existing contract to a folder
assign a folder when you upload a new contract
Moving an existing contract
1. On the dashboard, click a contract.
You can click View All and select a contract on the list.
2. On the Contract Details page, click the Actions button and select Move on the drop-down menu.
3. On the Choose a Board panel, click the field, select a folder name, and then click Move Contract.
4. Repeat steps to move more contracts.
5. To confirm the move, go to the dashboard and click the folder name on the left menu.
Contract Hound displays the contracts inside the folder.
Assigning a new contract
When you upload a contract, you can place it inside a folder.
1. Go to the dashboard and click a folder name on the left menu.
You can also click View All and select a folder on the list.
2. On the folder page, click the Add Contracts button.
3. Add a contract.
Upload or drag and drop a contract file.
4. Click the field, select a folder destination, and then click Next.
You can also create a new folder.
5. On the next page, add team members and a workflow (optional) and then click Finish.
You can add team members and a workflow later.
6. To confirm contract creation inside a folder, go to the dashboard and click the folder name on the left menu.
Contract Hound displays the new contract inside the folder.
7. Click the new contract to add profile information.